I am fond of animals but I never had a pet. Pet shops, zoo didn’t get me excited.Most of my friends adopted dogs, cats, turtles and fish. They boast about their pet and its cute quirks. All the pet owners seem lively, concerned and most importantly calm. They have pictures, breeds,toys, food and lot to discuss. My dad always says “ owning a pet will teach you responsibility”.
Honestly, I am not a responsible person.So, I never even thought of owning something, which takes:money, time, effort for a cute smile and sweet purrs. I recently, met a friend who has the same but an evolved attitude towards animals.
He had this small but fascinating idea,” EVERY STRAY ANIMAL SHOULD GET SAFE DRINKING WATER ROUND THE CLOCK,AROUND THE YEAR.”
Simple to do……….place a huge bowl of water everyday near to your house, clean and refill it regularly. Animal Water Bowl Project. It's so simplified for an NGO’s motto.Right?
Now, here is what that BOWL OF WATER CAN DO:
- Obviously, birds will chirp and quench their thirst.
- If you are lucky enough, to have some green grass close to your house, cows tired of walking on hard cement road, will come.
- Main objective, stray dogs and puppies,cats frolic around the bowl.
- The biggest advantage, if this water bowl concept becomes a community thing. Then spread of infectious disease through animals(zoonotic), could be averted to some extent. See, most stray animals prey on sewage water and rotten food.Water is one of the mediums for transferable diseases.
- JUST A BOWL OF WATER WILL EVENTUALLY LEAD TO A SUSTAINABLE COMMUNITY.
- Eventually, we can understand the needs and necessities of life forms around us.
- For the lazy animal lovers (like me), you don’t need to own a pet, care for the ones around you.
Install the “BOWL OF HAPPINESS” and spread the word.
Visit www.awbpindia.org for some details.
“animal welfare a social responsibility.”